Friday, November 9

ahhh

The last 6 months have been mindblowing. I quit my preschool job of two years (heart-wrenching because it meant ending 50 friendships in one day); visited my grandfather for the last time ever, afterwards trying to absorb his wisdom more actively than ever; crossed thousands of miles of the country westward and back, largely alone, only to reach home and almost immediately head north; visited a bear, moose, and coyote filled paradise for five weeks, living on more books and adventures than I could promptly process but on no electricity or running water; and now finally at home again, am caught in the middle of a stressful charade of an election, knocking on strangers' doors for at least 40 hours per week. It strikes me as funny that in the last four weeks I have probably met more people within the vicinity of my own home than I did all summer, across the whole country.
Anyway things in my head have been different lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment